North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative
In 2013 Mayor Michael B. Hancock recognized the need to align several redevelopment projects in north Denver including the neighborhoods of Globeville, Elyria, Swansea and River North under one coordinated vision as well as the area now known as the National Western Center. The resulting North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative (NDCC) is a coordinated effort to ensure integrated planning and aligned implementation among these converging projects.
NDCC and The Greenway Foundation are working together, along with numerous additional public and private partners, to restore this section of the South Platte River and the surrounding area to maximize its environmental and recreational potential while improving connections to riverfront open space, and redeveloping the future National Western Center into a center for agriculture, education and Western heritage.
Learn more at www.denvergov.org/NDCC
Current NDCC projects on or near the River include:
• River North Park design and construction
• Arkins Court Promenade conceptual design
• Heron Pond / Northside Park Master Plan
• National Western Center
• Globeville Landing Improvements
• Two Basin Drainage Projects
• Washington Street Transportation Study • Brighton Boulevard reconstruction
- Barbara Frommell, NDCC